About Eden Architectural Conservation
The company studio is based in Eskbank near Edinburgh, UK.
The super skilled Eden team is headed up by principal conservator Alex Kelly, whose skills and experience provide a unique and expert level of knowledge with-in the field of architectural conservation.
Having spent 20 years mending historic buildings, monuments and statues on seminal projects such as:
- The internal conservation and cleaning of St Pauls Cathedral, London.
- Monuments and tomb dismantling and re-erection Westminster Cathedral, London.
- Repairs to brick at Hampton Court Palace, London.
- Conservation of ruins at Guildford Castle.
- Conservation and masonry repair to the White Tower, the Tower of London.
- Conservation and repair to masonry at Rosslyn Chapel.
- Conservation and repair to the Glasgow School of Art.
During his career professional desk-based skills have been acquired based on sound in-depth experience and judgement. These include condition survey, analysis of
architectural environments, analysis of degradation mechanisms and specification of conservation repair.
Consultancy skills have been developed on the above and also include efficacy, ethics and impact of conservation repair works in relation to the wider context of conservation plans,
national / international charters & guidelines & national planning policy.
The Eden team further comprises of time served crafts people, conservators educated to masters level and further and other truly skilled and inspired conservation professionals.
Team Eden considers it a true privilege to have been trained and learned from the eminent and leading practitioners in the industry and to have worked on so many great and interesting buildings and their associated decorative features.
They look forwards to providing sound expert judgement, a personable attitude and
strong ethics to your projects.
Eden Conservation in action